[Speex-dev] Problems with Line in encoding

santosh hegde santrokh at hotmail.com
Thu May 19 07:25:23 PDT 2005

hi,
       The problem associated with Line in Encoding (as discussed in the
mail dated Mon May 2 05:09:11 PDT 2005 -SUB:Line in Encoding) is still
persisting.
    I tried encoding raw input (speech) at sampling rate of 16kHz (The
encoding was done on the Cirrus ARM EDB9302 in linux platform)My command
line  was
   ./speexenc  --rate 16000  /dev/audio  /filename.spx
   The encoding was fine for the first time .But when I tried to encode
again with the same parameters, the decoded speech was too fast and noisy.My
initial guess was that the device driver files got corrupted?However, the
inbuilt functions to record and play wav files were working properly. Next i
rebooted the board and repeated the procedure but the results were same.
Why is it that the encoding is not  happening only the first time?
Thanks with advance.
Regards,
Santosh