[Speex-dev] SPEEX LADSPA Plugin

Esben Stien b0ef at esben-stien.name
Mon May 9 18:41:21 PDT 2005

Conrad Parker <conrad at metadecks.org> writes:

> what would it do?

Encode the audio stream in speex, giving you access to tweak it's
parameters.

> LADSPA is usually used for effects, not file decoders and encoders

Just as in the same fashion, we have a gsm ladspa plugin; it's a way
to change the sound.

> not arbitrary binary data

It would of course be an encoder to run your audio stream through.

> How were you thinking of using such a plugin?

The output would not be speex, it would be the same format that came
in to the plugin, but the sound would be degraded to the quality of
the speex parameters.

--
Esben Stien is b0ef at e     s      a
         http://www. s     t    n m