[Speex-dev] Re: Speex on a T.I. TMS320C5510 DSP

Tue Mar 22 07:22:08 PST 2005

Hi Frank,

Actually, I just merged (in SVN) a patch doing exactly that. AFAIK it
allows Speex to run on a C55x. I think it should work for you with the
following caveats:

1) The static codebooks still take up 16 bits for every 8-bit value
(that's only a code size issue)
2) The bit-packer always returns a multiple of 16 bits instead of 8 bits
(but it uses all bits when packing).

	Jean-Marc

--
Jean-Marc Valin <Jean-Marc.Valin at USherbrooke.ca>
Université de Sherbrooke