[Speex-dev] speex and single frame decompression

jancio at op.pl jancio at op.pl
Sun Mar 20 08:39:13 PST 2005

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

I've started thinking about speex and speex stream. I wonder to know if
speex can do this:

Let assume we already have PCM stream encoded with speex (e.g. saved in a
file or memowy):

frame1 | frame 2 | frame 3 | frame 4 | ... | frame N-1 | frame N,

where frame n is a single (20 ms) speex frame.

Now we decompress only a part of that stream, let say (3 frames):

frame 2, frame 3, frame 4  -> pcm_frame_2, pcm_frame_3, pcm_frame_4,

where pcm_frame_n is a pcm format signal generated by decoding n-th speex
frame

and then

decompress another path od the same encoded stream:

frame 1, frame 2, frame 3, frame 4  -> pcm_frame_1', pcm_frame_2',
pcm_frame_3', pmc_frame_4',

Question: pcm_frame_2   ??   pcm_frame_2'   will by identical?

I thik, above quiestion coul'd be simplified to: "is speex stateless?"

Regards

Janek