[Speex-dev] concealment

Sat Mar 5 22:55:31 PST 2005

Hi,

I'm not quite sure I understand your question. Basically, the way the
concealment works in Speex is that if instead of giving the decoder a
packet, you just send NULL, it will "interpolate a frame" (i.e. do
concealment). The decoder doesn't care if the packet is lost, late or if
you just didn't feel like decoding it.

	Jean-Marc

> I'm a developer currently using the speex codec in a VOIP application
> of ours.. It sounds amazing, especially at wideband.. my question is
> how do I force it to do a concealment?  We have a low latency
> application, and based on the current API, I'm guessing concealment
> only kicks in when a packet is lost.. However, our jitter buffer knows
> when a packet is missing, and I'd like to force speex to do a
> concealment then.. Is this possible?
>
> Thanks.
Jean-Marc Valin <Jean-Marc.Valin at USherbrooke.ca>
Université de Sherbrooke