[Speex-dev] PESQ results for speex 1.0.3

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Thu Jun 30 00:15:53 PDT 2005

Francois Menard (Mailing List Account) wrote:

> did you try speex in wideband mode ... what bitrate?
>
> f.

15kbps mode.  It does significantly better with a different
speaker (the male does better than the female), as well.

I'm considering purchasing a commercial PESQ license and wrap
the PESQ software in a server application.  I could then allow
other folks to run PESQ comparisons on my server through some API,
either for free or for a fee.  (ie, commercial customers for $$,
open source & hoby-ists for free)...

I'm hoping this might allow Speex & similar developers test their
codecs in some standardized manner without having to pay the thousands
of dollars for a PESQ license...

Ben

--
Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com>