[Speex-dev] NB decode in SB

Fritz Koenig fkoenig at on2.com
Mon Jun 20 05:23:16 PDT 2005

Because a wideband signal has both a narrowband part and a wideband part
the first part of the wideband decode is to call the narrowband decode.
In the fixed point version the signal generated from the narrowband
decode is downshifted at the end.  In this same version the wideband
then upshifts the signal by the same amount.

 I would like to do away with the downshift on the narrowband side and
the upshift on the wideband side and just past the decoded signal
through.  To do this and allow for the decoding of narrowband only
signals I need to detect who the calling function is to the narrowband
decode.

What I was wondering is if there was already a member variable that held
the current decode state.

-Fritz