[Speex-dev] tick tick tick

Mon Jun 6 14:28:13 PDT 2005

Repeat after me: "TCP and VoIP don't mix". You get high latency and the
tick you're getting is probably caused by the fact that you'll never get
two soundcards with the exact same sampling rate (e.g. one will do 7999
Hz and the other 8001 Hz). What you need is RTP/UDP and a jitter buffer.

	Jean-Marc

--
Jean-Marc Valin <Jean-Marc.Valin at USherbrooke.ca>
Universite de Sherbrooke