[Speex-dev] Re: Decoding

Sat Jun 4 21:33:06 PDT 2005

If it plays at half the speed, it means that either you're setting the
sampling rate wrong or (if you're using Linux) the machine at the other
end is using the broken i810 OSS audio driver which can't set itself to
mono. About writing code properly, just look at speexenc/speexdec if you
want to have an example of Ogg transport.

	Jean-Marc

Le samedi 04 juin 2005 à 23:29 -0500, Dragon a écrit :
> What do you mean by write my code properly? With the way it's written
> right now it is encoding writing out to a stream and decoding from that
> stream but i'd like to use VBR but when i try it my app fails. and also
> on a different note I've written some test apps where it recordes from
> the mic encodes decodes then playes but when i try streaming it over the
> internet it has long pauses in it and plays at like twice the speed,
> which i belive that is why i'm getting the pause. I've tried changing
> settings but can never fix the problem.
>
> Jean-Marc Valin wrote:
> > What do you mean by knowing the frame size? Technically, all Speex
> > frames are 20 ms long. If you mean knowing the number of frames in a
> > packet of the number of compressed bytes, then the answer is no, as long
> > as you write your code properly.
> >
> > 	Jean-Marc
> >
> > Le samedi 04 juin 2005 à 22:56 -0500, Dragon a écrit :
> >
> >>One quick question. Does the decoder have to know the frame size for
> >>each encoded packet? right now i have a program streaming encoded data.
> >>Do i need to have it add in the length for each packet size?
> >>
> >>   -Dragon

Jean-Marc Valin <Jean-Marc.Valin at USherbrooke.ca>
Université de Sherbrooke