[Speex-dev] Problems to compile speex 1.1.10 on windows

Mon Jul 18 12:39:53 PDT 2005

Why not use gcc? You can get either mingw or cygwin. Otherwise I don't
know. Speex should compile with a C++ compiler with only minor tweaks
(forcing the compiler to accept the C casts).

	Jean-Marc

Le lundi 18 juillet 2005 à 17:55 +0000, Wolfgang Frotten a écrit :
> I am a delphi coder and i have successfully compiled version 1.0.5 to use the
> resulting dll in John Villars Delphi-Example with Bloodsheds dev-c++. With the
> stable version 1.0.5 it works fine but on my slow computer with 900Mz I have a
> lot of buffer overflows. Therefore I should like to create a dll with version
> 1.1.10 because it should be faster but i run into a lot of problems. I am not
> experienced with c++ and I use dev-c++ for compiling.
>
> The main errors relate to type conversions e.g. you cannot convert void* to
> float* without a cast. It may be that the code was originally compiled with a
> plain C compiler instead of C++, in which case it would have probably worked,
> depending on the compiler's tolerance to other casts like "short int" from
> "float".  I have added casts wherever a non-cast conversion is attempted and
> then compilation was successfully but linker reclaims a lot of undefined
> references e.g.
> "C:/Programme/Dev-Cpp/Examples/hr/speex-1.1.10/libspeex/modes.c:722: undefined
> reference to `gain_cdbk_nb'"
>
> My question is, what could be a good free(!) C-Compiler under windows for Speex
> 1.1.10 or better (that would be nice) what should i do to compile the sources
> with dev-c++ successfully? Has someone collect experiences with compiling
> version 1.1.10 under windows with a free C-Compiler?

Jean-Marc Valin <Jean-Marc.Valin at USherbrooke.ca>
Université de Sherbrooke