[Speex-dev] sharing a decoder between 2 inbound speex streams?

Tom Grandgent tgrand at canvaslink.com
Tue Jul 12 13:22:32 PDT 2005

You definitely need to have separate decoders for separate streams.
It has been mentioned before that inter-frame state is critical to
achieving the level of quality for bandwidth that Speex offers.  This
differentiates it from iLBC, a codec whose claim to fame is that it
treats each frame independently.

I'm not sure what's hard about maintaining multiple decoder states,
unless you are extremely resource-constrained or doing something
unusual.  Normally all you have to do is create a decoder state for
each new client and free it when the client is gone.