[Speex-dev] How to compile libspeex to .lib

Steve Kann stevek at stevek.com
Tue Jul 12 11:04:12 PDT 2005

J R Cabot wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am probably missing something really simple (since I don't know very much
>about compiling or anything) but I am trying to compile the latest version of
>Speex (1.1.10) into a .lib file.
>
>I have compiled it with GCC under Cygwin with -enable-fixed-point and
>--enable-static, and have produced a .a file. I want to be able to use it with
>eMbedded Visual C++ 4.0. I guessed that I would need to make it a lib file, so
>that I could link it with evc++. Is this right? or is there another way of
>doing it? If I do need to make it into a .lib file, how do I go about doing
>this?
>
>Sorry if I am trying to do something really stupid, but like I said, I really
>don't know much about compiling/linking things.

Try "mv libspeex.a speex.lib".

That will give you a valid .lib file.  However, if you compiled with
cygwin, you'll also end up needing to link to cygwin.dll.  You can avoid
this if you compile with "-mno-cygwin" (if you have the mingw package
from cygwin installed).  Then, you'll only need to compile with libgcc.a.

-SteveK