[Speex-dev] CVS compilation and EVC++ 4.0

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Tue Dec 20 09:52:22 PST 2005

On Tue, Dec 20, 2005 at 09:22:36PM +1100, Jean-Marc Valin wrote:

> I'll try fixing that. It's funny "gcc -ansi -Wall" doesn't even complain
> about it despite the fact it's not C89-compliant.

"gcc -ansi -pedantic -Wall" does the trick. Does seem like a bug if
there are other major compilers that don't implement this though. Does
the non-embedded MSVC also have this limitation?

Note that just "gcc -ansi" doesn't actually build out of the box.
Configure takes care of defining out use of the 'inline' keyword,
but there still are a couple of C++-style comments.

 -r