[Speex-dev] mdf -- better adaption of W?

Fri Dec 16 01:41:34 PST 2005

> Ah. It seems I made a "minor" mistake. Remember I said I used my
> headset for testing and stuck the microphone into one of it's "speakers"?
> Well.. headsets ARE stereo, and the music it had trouble cancelling was
> music with strong stereo separation -- the residual echo was the sound
> from the other speaker. Which is quite natural.

Hmm, guess I should add that to the list of common layer 8 problems ;-)

> So, redoing the simple tests after adjusting the balance so all the sounds
> came from just the right side, everything worked PERFECTLY.

Good.

> Anyway, I found a few papers on multisource echo cancellation. Unless it's
> already a feature on the short-term "TODO" list, I'll take a stab at
> adding simple multisource cancelling after christmas.

Multi-channel echo control is the subject of my post-doc and it will
most likely not be open-source. Keep in mind that single-channel is
*trivial* compared to multi-channel.