[Speex-dev] AEC params

Suchibrata Kar suchibratak at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 10 04:55:51 PST 2005

Hi:

By 'no success', I mean result gets worse in terms
that, there comes in a shrill noise with high gain and
also *no* attenuation of the echo.

I am trying to validate the DC offset part. But can
you please feed some light on how does the DC offset
matter for AEC. As I have already mentioned, I tried
adding silence (from 2 ms to 10 ms) in the start of
the reference signal. This is for the condition you
have mentioned about the relationship  between
input_frame and echo_frame in the manual (Pag 19, para
3). In that case will the DC offset matter. Thanks.

Su

Hi:

I have been trying to use speex for AEC.

I have recorded two voice samples separately using
audacity using the same soundcard. I reduced the gain
of one of the samples and mix this signal with the
other voice sample (saved as a raw sample, with frame
size 64 and sampling rate of 8 KHz. I use the mixed
one as a ref signal and the other unaltered signal as
the echo.

Am trying to run the testecho (with preprocessing
blocked), but no success in removing echo from the
reference.

I also tried adding small delays (5 ms 10ms), in the
reference signal, but still no success.

I tried filter lengths from 100 to 300ms but the same.

Can anyone help me sort the issue of why am not
getting any success with the echo cancellation.
Thanks.

Su