[Speex-dev] building speex on macos x

Hugo Forss hugo.forss at comhem.se
Sun Aug 28 11:49:33 PDT 2005

this is very strange. the speex tar-ball contains the source for gnu's
getopt and getop_long and the configure script detects that i have no
working getopt_long. still the code is neither built nor linked. thus
my solution was to compile the getopt source (i replaced them with
files from the latest gengetopt btw. i have no idea why i did that) and
then link speexenc and speexdec by hand (because my knowledge of
automake is too limited). it sound like a simple mistake that aught to
be easy to fix.

at least i do now have a working copy of each application. unfortunatly
my only player with speex support, vcl, ouputs something that could
possibly be voice but it's hard to tell since it's drowned in static
noise.

regards,
-- hugo forss