[Speex-dev] building speex on macos x

Hugo Forss hugo.forss at comhem.se
Sun Aug 28 11:49:33 PDT 2005

this is very strange. the speex tar-ball contains the source for gnu's
getopt and getop_long and the configure script detects that i have no
working getopt_long. still the code is neither built nor linked. thus
my solution was to compile the getopt source (i replaced them with
files from the latest gengetopt btw. i have no idea why i did that) and
then link speexenc and speexdec by hand (because my knowledge of
automake is too limited). it sound like a simple mistake that aught to
be easy to fix.

at least i do now have a working copy of each application. unfortunatly
my only player with speex support, vcl, ouputs something that could
possibly be voice but it's hard to tell since it's drowned in static

-- hugo forss