[Speex-dev] Help needed regarding AGC

Thu Aug 11 09:05:00 PDT 2005

Yes, the problem is that as long as nobody as talked yet, it's
impossible to know the level of voice. The only thing I can suggest is
to force a maximal gain or try to detect the situation and not apply AGC
until someone talks.

	Jean-Marc

Le jeudi 11 août 2005 à 08:49 -0700, Shantanu Gramsci a écrit :
> Hello All,
>
> I use AGC as one of speex preprocess options in VOIP application. In
> most cases it works very fine.
>
> However, at the very beginning of a call when no one has started
> talking [ and some times in the middle of calls], AGC makes large
> noise and it gradually increases. Interestingly, when someone starts
> talking, from that point it works very well.
>
> Is it the normal behaviour? Since there is no level to compare at that
> point, it may assume no speech as normal talk.
>
> Can anyone please put some light on this issue. Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards
>
> Shantanu

Jean-Marc Valin <Jean-Marc.Valin at USherbrooke.ca>
Université de Sherbrooke