[Speex-dev] Building the Symbian compatible library.

Conrad Parker conrad at metadecks.org
Mon Aug 1 23:26:05 PDT 2005

On Tue, Jul 26, 2005 at 08:08:12AM +0000, Gavin Bones wrote:
> I apologise in advance if there is anything that i have failed to read
> properly in the documentation, but i have been unable to find a guide for
> building the .lib from the supplied Symbian project files.
>
> Is there anyone who could give me a brief walkthrough of the necessary
> steps?
> Is there a preferred environment?
> Will it build for emulator as well as target device platforms?
>
> I am using the 1.1.10 source release from the speex site and the Series 60
> 2.1 SDK.I have tried the 'bldmake bldfiles' then 'abld build ..... .....'
> method as well as importing the .mmp file into VS .net 2003 and building
> from there. Each time I get numerous (up to 100) compilation errors, which
> I'm sure aren't actually code errors, more a problem with my method
> somewhere.
>
> Thanks for any help you can give,

Hi Gavin,

the Symbian port *should* build with abld, for both the emulator and the
target device:

  bldmake bldfiles

  ; then either build for emulator...
  abld build wins udeb

  ; or build for device...
  abld build armi urel

from memory you have to do 'abld reallyclean' if you switch from doing an
emulator to a device build.

Please please please let me know how you go so we can update the
README.Symbian file appropriately :)

cheers,

Conrad.