[Speex-dev] Speex for the Intel XScale with WMMX.

Sun Apr 3 00:59:15 PST 2005

> In the case of using the XSCale processor, what are the best speex
> compiler parameters available at the moment ?

There's no special parameters. However, if you're really tight on CPU
and want to cut corners, you can define SHORTCUTS and SHORTCUTS2. If you
do so, expect a slight drop in quality. Note also that this is only
useful if you're already using complexity 0.

As for WMMX, I think it could provide a significant speedup, although
the work involved might be significant too.

Jean-Marc Valin <Jean-Marc.Valin at USherbrooke.ca>
Université de Sherbrooke