[Speex-dev] Speex for the Intel XScale with WMMX.

Fri Apr 1 20:12:48 PST 2005

Hi,

I'm not even sure what WMMX is, so I have no idea how to use it. For
sure you would at least need to write some assembly. As for the current
inline assembly parts (for the ARMv4 arch), you would need to convert
them to VC++. It shouldn't be too hard, just push/load the registers at
the beginning and then save/pop at the end. It's just the small macros
(in fixed_arm4.h) that you won't be able to use because with VC++ inline
assembly, the overhead will be larger than the benefit.

	Jean-Marc

Le vendredi 01 avril 2005 à 17:29 -0300, cesarbremer at raseac.com.br a
écrit :
> I work with the Microsoft Embedded Visual C++, and i don't have a linux
> machine with me. I need to have the best performance  in order to run my
> application for the Intel XSCale with MMX. I don't know if i can compile
> for this processor with the best performance using the Microsoft
> compiler. I would like a help regarding how to get or build this .obj.
> Thank you.
>
> Cesar Bremer Pinheiro
> Bremer Serv. Emp. Ltda.
> BRAZIL
> http://www.raseac.com.br

Jean-Marc Valin <Jean-Marc.Valin at USherbrooke.ca>
Université de Sherbrooke