[Speex-dev] Jitter buffer

Steve Kann stevek at stevek.com
Wed Nov 10 13:18:47 PST 2004

Danny Chan wrote:

>Hi Jean and Steve,
>
>Can you tell me whether the jitter filter / buffer is adaptive type, I
>saw the description of speex_jitter.h say it is "adaptive", anyone of
>the group has implemented it and confirm it.

I believe it is adaptive, but no, I haven't used it, because it's
coupled only to the speex codec.  We're working on a generic application
and codec-independent jitter buffer algorithm, for use in asterisk and
iaxclient (at least).  Some information is available at
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk%20new%20jitterbuffer

-SteveK