[Speex-dev] Encoding problem

Jean-Marc Valin jean-marc.valin at usherbrooke.ca
Sat Nov 6 09:05:25 PST 2004

Your problem (silence being inserted) is due to the lookahead in the
codec. You need to chop the silence both at the beginning and at the
end. What I suggest is to look at how it is done in speexenc and
speexdec. When you use the new version of these utilities, you will see
that they remove all the silence regions.

	Jean-Marc