[speex-dev] speex newbie

Ronald Madrid mfcguru at yahoo.com
Sun May 23 18:41:12 PDT 2004

hi all,

i'm only recently starting with speex coding. i've
read the sample in the speex doc and it looked easy
enough. but i'm having difficulty just the same.

to start with, i've written a C++ wrapper to handle
speex functionalities. at the moment i only have
Encoding and Decoding, yet, and i'm still debugging
them.

what is the best way for me to check if my Encoding
function is working? (i'm thinking to diagnose this on
a functional level.) i can save my encoded data to a
file, but is there an app out there that can play it
for me?

my audio data is real-time and is not coming from a
file, like in the examples in the doc. and im using
VC++ 6.0 and WAV.

best regards,

ronald c. madrid