[speex-dev] Re: does installed lib support _int()s ?

James H. Cloos Jr. cloos at jhcloos.com
Sun May 16 10:56:51 PDT 2004

>>>>> "Malcolm" == Malcolm Baldridge <speex at paypc.com> writes:

Malcolm> Well, for compile-time, I'd think that an #ifdef would do the
Malcolm> trick.

How?  VERSION isn't included anywhere except in speex_init_header(),
and I do not see any other symbols that encode the version....

That said, I looked at the code for speex_encode_int and friends
since writing that.  When compiled w/o --enable-fixed-point the
_int functions do what the code I was looking at updating already
does: convert each sample from short to float in a loop.  And
when compiled w/ --enable-fixed-point the non _int funtions do
the opposite.

It wouldn't matter except that the dists are taking their time moving
from 1.0 to 1.1.  'Twould be easier were they all at 1.1.

-JimC