[speex-dev] The GPL and Speex

Wed Mar 10 21:31:43 PST 2004

Hi,

Short answer is that I won't give special permission. Long answer is
that I don't need to since you already have the right to include Speex
in a closed-source application. Speex is *not* released under the GPL,
but under the (revised) BSD license. The license in included in the
COPYING file and basically, it means that you can do whatever you want
as long as you give credit and a couple minor things like that.

        Jean-Marc

--
Jean-Marc Valin, M.Sc.A., ing. jr.
LABORIUS (http://www.gel.usherb.ca/laborius)