[speex-dev] Speex frame size

José Miguel Gomes miguel.gomes at netcabo.pt
Sun Mar 7 16:26:47 PST 2004

I've a question regarding the speex API.

When I do:
speex_encoder_ctl(st, SPEEX_GET_FRAME_SIZE, &frame_size);
whats the meaning of the value returned in frame_size?

In the speexenc example found in the manual there is a hardcoded frame
size of 160. What's the difference between this defined frame size and
the one returned in frame_size by the call above?
Can I use any frame size or there are some limits?

Thanks in advance!

Miguel Gomes