[speex-dev] Memory leak in denoiser + a few questions

Tue Mar 30 15:24:02 PST 2004

> > These numbers sound like a problem I has a while ago with the decoder.
> > The VAD shouldn't take much CPU so I suspect there might be floating
> > point underflows in some part, slowing down the Intel CPUs a lot (for
> > some reason, the AMD CPUs seem to handle underflows faster).
> >

> Hmm, How can I find that out?  How much CPU would you expect it to
> take?

I just did a quick check and you shouldn't even notice the amount of CPU
the VAD takes. The problem is most likely caused by floating point
exceptions of some sort, either NaN's, denorms, or underflows. I've
never encountered the problem, so it's likely specific to the kind of
data you process. Can you try pinpointing the problem a bit and then
send me a sample file?

Jean-Marc Valin
http://www.xiph.org/~jm/
LABORIUS