[speex-dev] Memory leak in denoiser + a few questions

Tue Mar 30 15:14:26 PST 2004

> Hmm, How can I find that out?  How much CPU would you expect it to
> take?

I don't know. It's been a while since I last played with that code, but
I'd expect it to take less time.

> I've been playing with oprofile, but I don't see it getting that
> finely grained..

Can you make sure the time is spent in the VAD and not in the encoder or
decoder (at the other end) when the VAD is on (the underflow problem I
had appeared with VBR, but the problem was in the decoder).

> I'll take a look at that.  In this case [in the conferencing
> application], I'm not actually using speex encoding [these are PSTN
> callers, I do VAD in clients when I control them], so I'd need to see
> if I could rip it out of speex to use it.

Don't waste too much time, though. That VAD is really basic.

> Also, I do have a couple of patches to the preprocessor to send along
> actually; basically this makes the start and continue probabilities
> parameters that can be set by callers.  We're currently using very low
> probabilities;   Much lower than your defaults, VAD_START=0.05
> VAD_CONTINUE=0.02.  We also have 20 frame (2/5 sec) "tail" that is
> outside the preprocessor, which continues treating some frames as
> speech after the detector has dropped out.

That's the same patch you sent a while ago, right? Sorry, I haven't had
much time for Speex lately.

Jean-Marc Valin
http://www.xiph.org/~jm/
LABORIUS