[Speex-dev] Speex in a PocketPc crashes sometimes.

cesarbremer at raseac.com.br cesarbremer
Tue Jun 22 19:21:16 PDT 2004

I'm trying to port the speex codec (version 1.1.5) to my product (Raseac
Secure Phone), the platform is PocketPc 2002 (and 2003), and i am using
the Microsoft Embedded Visual C++, i compiled the Speex, ported it to my
application and i noted that this codec is unstable, crashing my system
sometimes. The problem is in the recepton module (decoding the voice).
My initial test is made using a cellular line to send voice. In this
environment the cellular line lost some voice packets, and i think the
decoder could have problems in this situation.
My question is, the speex decoder are being tested with this kind of
situation? My environment do not allow to debug the speex because the
codec with the debugging information is too slow to be used in a
realtime situation, and i think that debugging some voice sample with
windows directly and supressing some voice packets from this voice
sample could bring some light to this possible decoder problem.
I don't know if the speex is being used in the pocketpc environmet and i
would like some help, may be some tunning be required?

Thank you.

Cesar Bremer Pinheiro
cesarbremer at raseac[remove].com.br

Please erase the "[remove]" from e-mail.