[Speex-dev] production code

Jean-Marc Valin Jean-Marc.Valin
Thu Jul 29 22:45:14 PDT 2004

> 	1. portability warnings for 64-bit processors. most of these are
> generated by the PUSH/ALIGN macros.

If you find an easy fix, please tell me. Regardless, note that the cast
is safe even if it may not look like it (i.e. I'm casting a pointer to
an int, but it doesn't matter if the int is too small).

> 	2. float/double loss of precision warnings. most can be removed
> with explicit casts or appending the 'f' specifier to constants.

What version are you using? In 1.1.x I cleared many of those, though of
course, some still remain. A patch would be welcome.

> i am willing to fix all these warnings, but don't want to make the merge
> bothersome. i can probably turn this around in a day, but i want to know
> how to submit the fixes to ensure that they are backwards compatible
> with other peoples compilers, etc. since new point release just came
> out, i figured now would be the right time. let me know the right
> process for this.

The best would be to submit a patch using the "diff -u" format (standard
patch format).

Thanks,

Jean-Marc Valin <Jean-Marc.Valin at USherbrooke.ca>
Universit? de Sherbrooke