[speex-dev] Libspeex-cygwin-EVC++ 3.0

Christian Buchner Christian.Buchner1 at epost.de
Fri Jan 16 03:48:25 PST 2004

  Hi all,
  As someone knows i'm tring to develop a VoIP application
  for my ipaq 3850 (200 Mhz) using speex...
  I guessed, for better perfomance, to build libspeex using GCC under linux or cygwin with
  --enable-fixed-point and --enable-arm-asm and use the compiled library under Embedded VC++ 3.0.
  I don't know if it's possible and only today i started to read something about
  cross-compiling so i wish to ask if someone did something similar to it
  or can send me suggestion to achieve my aim...

I am doing exactly the same thing. ;)

I have all linking issues resolved now, except for the "end" symbol, which is supposed
to be at the end of the .BSS section. I wonder how I can tell the Microsoft LINK.exe
to add this symbol. After all there is no linker scripts like in Gnu-LD ;(

My cross-compiled code is entirely untested still. It may be that function-calls result
in a crash due to incompatible stack cleanup. (__stdcall vs. __cdecl etc)

I had to compile parts of libgcc (lib1funcs.asm and libgcc2.c) as well as parts of glibc
(the floating point emulation "soft-fp') to resolve a lot of unresolved symbol errors during
linkage. As standard library for C I am using "newlib". (http://sources.redhat.com/newlib/)
I might consider switching to uLibc later.

Christian