[speex-dev] Libspeex-cygwin-EVC++ 3.0

Fabio fabpet at aliceposta.it
Fri Jan 16 00:20:59 PST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rodrigo Parra M" <rparra at ing.puc.cl>
To: <speex-dev at xiph.org>
Cc: <CarlD at itouchmobility.com>
Sent: Friday, January 16, 2004 5:48 AM
Subject: RE: [speex-dev] Libspeex-cygwin-EVC++ 3.0

> Can you send me libspeex compilated in eVC. And can you describe where and
how set the FIXED_POINT flag in eVC.

Hi Rodrigo you only have to go to "Project->Setting" menu and under C/C++
Tab and type FIXED_POINT
in the preprocessor definition row

bye!

> Regards.
> Rodrigo.

a bit slow for encoding in realtime. The Speex encode function takes 30+ ms
to encode one 20ms sample frame in a debug build. I didn't try the release
build with compiler optimization.

>     The iPAQ 3970 (PXA250, I think this is a 400mhz cpu?)  is just fast
enough for realtime encoding - the Speex encode function takes 20+ ms to
encode one 20ms sample frame without compiler optimizations, but with
compiler optimizations and tracing removed, only on occaisional tests did I
notice gaps in the stream.

>     My experiments were done with 1 channel, 16 bit, 8000hz samples, using
Speex quality 3 and complexity 4.

'speex-dev-request at xiph.org'