[speex-dev] MIPS

Thu Jan 15 12:59:33 PST 2004

Le jeu 15/01/2004 à 04:44, George Bratis a écrit :
> Have you got any rough estimation about memory-MIPS requirements for the
> fixed point implementation?

I think Speex requires in the order or 10-15 "arithmetic operations" per
second for 8 kbps narrowband. By that, I mean either 16-bit adds or
16-bit multiplies. About memory, I've never really checked, but it's
probably in the 10-50 kB range (sorry, can't be more precise).

> The target hardware will be a motorola style single MAC 16bit fixed point
> DSP.

How fast is that DSP? Depending on the speed, there are probably some
further approximations that can be made to the search.

> Is here any implementation of speex on DSP?

Not that I know of (though there still might be). The close I have is a
port for ARM.

Jean-Marc Valin, M.Sc.A., ing. jr.
LABORIUS (http://www.gel.usherb.ca/laborius)