[speex-dev] Question about Speex Decoder

Arezu M. Moghadam arezum at seas.upenn.edu
Mon Jan 26 09:41:39 PST 2004

Hello,

I'm new in using speex and programming with it. So, please help me to be
more clear about it.

I'm trying to write a voice decoder and encoder program using libspeex and
using its variable bit-rates feature. At the encoder section I set the
bit-rate of the output stream by setting "SPEEX_SET_ABR" option using this
command: speex_encoder_ctl(enc_state,SPEEX_SET_ABR,&Avr_BR); and Avr_BR is
a variable holding my favourit bit-rate for example 33000 bps. Am I on
right track up to this part?
This encoded frame will enter the decoder as an input frame.
I think there should be an option which allows me to let the decoder
know about this bit-rate which it accepts as an input frame. but I coudn't
find any option to set this bit-rate for the decoder as well? How can I
set the decoder's bit-rate?

Thank You for your help,
Arezu