[speex-dev] SIMD interest

Massimo frag_dz8 at libero.it
Sat Jan 17 11:36:25 PST 2004

Greetings,

about SSE run-time option interested me pretty much.
Looks like some people is really experienced on the topic. I would
really appreciate if somebody could point me to good resources about SSE
and Altivec (not necessarly on the net, I'm ready to invest some money
if necessary). I already have intel manuals about SSE and I took a look
at Intel's document proposed by Ian.

I was somewhat shocked by reading a mail posted by Jan-Marc (Date: 	14
Jan 2004 02:44:59 -0500). I guess I badly misunderstood it by jumping to
wrong conclusions but does this means the only way to recognize if (say)
SSE is supported by OS is to check its version?
This looks something problematic to me especially for open-source OSs
where one can recompile the kernel as he wants - kernel version number
may not really be representative of the functionalities supported.

Massimo