[speex-dev] speex codec info request

Mon Feb 9 20:54:51 PST 2004

Le lun 09/02/2004 à 12:28, Pavel Ivanov a écrit :
> Hi , I'm a software developer. I'm searching a codec for speach using a
> xscale PXA263, i would like to know if speex 1.04 is good for this
> hardware. Do you develope the codec using intel specification or intel
> primitives "IPP 4.0" ? Thank you very much in advance

Hi,

Actually, 1.0.4 doesn't exist yet :) The latest stable release is 1.0.3
and it does not contain anything for fixed-point, so you'll want to use
1.1.4. It should run on xscale with no problem. About the Intel spec, I
have no idea what IPP 4.0 (or any other version) is. The fixed-point
code in 1.1.4 is generic. The only exception are some macros that can be
enabled by defining ARM_ASM and which make use of some of the ARM
DSP-like instructions (like the multiply-adds and a couple other
"special" multiplications). Note that so far, the gain in speed from
these assembly instructions is about 5%-10% and they are only available
with gcc. Note that is anyone is serious about it, there would probably
be 3-4 small functions worth re-writing in assembly.

Jean-Marc Valin, M.Sc.A., ing. jr.
LABORIUS (http://www.gel.usherb.ca/laborius)