[speex-dev] size speex file encoded

Tue Feb 3 14:03:52 PST 2004

I think your setup is wrong all the way. First, an uncompressed
narrowband (8 kHz) file should take up 272 kB, not 1.43 MB. You're
probably dealing with a 44.1 kHz file (you should downsample it first).
Once encoded at quality 1, the result should take 8.5 kB, not 21 kB. As
for the 92 kB, I have no idea where it may come from.

        Jean-Marc

--
Jean-Marc Valin, M.Sc.A., ing. jr.
LABORIUS (http://www.gel.usherb.ca/laborius)