[speex-dev] size speex file encoded

Rodrigo Parra M rparra at ing.puc.cl
Tue Feb 3 13:16:41 PST 2004

Hi,
I am working with libspeex api. I would like compare the size of speex file
encoded with libspeex and the size of speex file encoded with speexenc.
For example, I encode with speexenc (narrowband, quality 1) a wav file of
1.43 MB (17 seconds)  output a spx file weight 21KB, for other hand I encode
with libspeex the same wav file with same characteristics in arm processor,
pocket pc and the output is a spx file of 92 KB.
Is the difference between the two encoded types so great?. Is this normal?.
Can be reduced the weight of output with libspeex?

Thanks.
Rodrigo.