[Speex-dev] Speex sound a little artificial?

Thu Dec 30 17:23:04 PST 2004

Hi,

This applies to everyone having (or suspecting) problems with Speex. The
first thing to do is to encode the file in wav format and use
speexenc/speexdec on it. If you're getting something different with your
application, it's likely buggy. If the result isn't OK, then it can be:
1) Normal given the bandwidth/bit-rate used
2) A conditioning problem with your audio (i.e. DC not removed)
3) A bug in Speex (quite rare at this point)

	Jean-Marc

Le jeudi 30 décembre 2004 à 17:17 -0800, Tay YueWeng a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> I have deploy speex 1.1.6 in my application.  With no
> option set, I can hear that the voice sounds a little
> bit artificial like robot.  Any idea what causes this?
>  I use openh323 with speex, but it seems ok.  Is it
> neccessary for me to use more other filter prior to
> encode the sound or after decode my sound?
>
> yueweng

Jean-Marc Valin <Jean-Marc.Valin at USherbrooke.ca>
Université de Sherbrooke