[Speex-dev] How to convert from Microsft PCM 16bit to float

Tay YueWeng yueweng at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 28 01:50:18 PST 2004

Dear all,

I have one simple question.  I understand that
speex_encode and speex_decode takes float * as an
arguement to encode and decode the sound.  However,
when I get the PCM data from the sound card under
win32, it is a just 16 bit array.  May I know how do I
convert this 16 bit value to speex float format and to
convert back?  Is there got any routine to do this?

YueWeng