[Speex-dev] frame interpolation

Wed Dec 22 09:59:41 PST 2004

Le mercredi 22 décembre 2004 à 17:39 +0100, Kleijn, J.S. de a écrit :
> how does speex interpolate frames?
>
> Could I for example interpolate 5 frames( = 100ms) safely or does the
> quality drop very rapidly for more frames? So that it is nicer to just
> feed silence to the speakers instead of interpolated frames.

I don't see why you'd want to do that. Regardless, the best would be to
do it during a silent period or slowly, one frame at a time. Whatever
you do, the Speex concealment should always be better or equal to
putting zeros (after several frames, Speex converges to putting zeros
anyway).

Jean-Marc Valin <Jean-Marc.Valin at USherbrooke.ca>
Université de Sherbrooke