[speex-dev] decoder give me values over 32000!

Tue Apr 13 01:42:56 PDT 2004

Le mar 13/04/2004 à 04:27, Manuel Molina Rojas a écrit :
> I think there is a problem.  If we are coding   PCM 16 mono, then, when
> we decode  the  samples  we should obtain PCM 16 mono again, but wave
> data over 16bits is extracted from the decoder.  If the input level is
> reduced we could loss wave information.

If you're worried about losing *1 bit* in the wave by reducing the input
level, then you shouldn't be using an audio codec in the first place.
Seriously, it won't make even a slight difference.

Jean-Marc Valin
http://www.xiph.org/~jm/
LABORIUS