[speex-dev] API changes for Speex 1.2

Chris Flerackers cflerackers at androme.be
Tue Apr 6 06:21:32 PDT 2004

Hi,

Maybe a review of the configuration options would be interesting?
Make all options like
SPEEX_SET_VBR_QUALITY

So you would have
SPEEX_SET_ABR_BITRATE
SPEEX_SET_CBR_BITRATE
SPEEX_SET_CBR_MODE
SPEEX_SET_CBR_QUALITY
SPEEX_SET_VBR_QUALITY

and then
e.g. SPEEX_SET_VBR_BITRATE, ...
would also make sense: e.g. set vbr_quality so that the average bitrate
is as specified.

Now it is easy to make a mistake when configuring the encoder (because
now abr/cbr/vbr is sometimes set separately from bitrate/mode/quality).

It would also be nice if there is a intuitive mapping between the RFC
options and
the encoder configuration. Examples:
- how to configure encoder when SDP specifies: b=AS:10 and vbr
- how to configure encoder when SDP specifies: cng

Best regards,
Chris