[speex-dev] libspeex/SSE Intrinsics with GCC 3.3.x

Aron Rosenberg aron at sightspeed.com
Thu Apr 1 22:11:00 PST 2004

So, if you want to enable that within the --enable-sse you would modify the
exisiting the AC_ARG_ENABLE macro for sse to include that chunk. You can
drop the -O3 if you want, its not needed for sse support on gcc. As for
which -O would be used, its the last one specified (from gcc man page). You
can get really fancy with a test program that compiles a little bit of code
and makes sure it works, but that would require more autoconf hacking than
i can write in a few minutes.

AC_ARG_ENABLE(sse,
     [  --enable-sse             enable SSE support],
     [   PLACE CHUNK HERE])

AC_CANONICAL_SYSTEM

as the first major line, right after the

VERSION=$SPEEX_VERSION
PACKAGE=speex

and remove the AC_CANONICAL_HOST line

Aron Rosenberg