[speex-dev] Re: Is there any speex plugin for windows media player?

ChristianHJW christian at matroska.org
Sat Sep 20 14:41:19 PDT 2003

Christian Buchner wrote:
>>While on the subject of plug-ins, has anyone written a Speex plug-in
>>for the Goldwave audio editor?
>

> There is an ACM codec for I/O of WAVE files encoded in Speex.
> ( www.openacm.org )
>
> But there is no plugin to load or save Vorbis Speex files natively,
> as far as I know.
>
> Christian

ACM is a Windows centric API and doesnt support Variable Bitrate
properly, it wouldnt make sense to write an application that creates
non-Windows container files, such as Ogg or MKV, and using an API for
that that was targeted towards WAV and AVI, including all of its
limitations.

Regards

ChristianHJW
matroska project admin