[speex-dev] Computing pcm size

Giovanni Bajo giovannibajo at libero.it
Wed Sep 24 01:09:02 PDT 2003

Hello,

given a Speex-encoded ogg file, is there a way I can compute the total pcm size (that is, the number of samples after decompression)? I know I can get the frame size from the decoder with SPEEX_GET_FRAME_SIZE, and that the number of frames per packet is written inside the header. But this brings me to the question: how many packets are there in the file? I guess this is more related to libogg than speex itself, but still I thought maybe somebody could have helped me out here. In fact, libvorbisfile has a function to compute the total pcm size for an Ogg Vorbis file, but it relies on vorbis headers, not libogg.

Thanks
Giovanni Bajo