[speex-dev] seeking a Speex programmer for Windows

Thu Oct 30 10:28:25 PST 2003

> Windows Sound Recorder with my ACM wrapper already does constant
> bitrate at various quality levels.
> Once Jean-Marc comes up with a stable 1.1 release branch, this will
> get updated to include noise
> cancellation and all the other latest improvements.

I really don't think using ACM would be a good idea in this case. It
means the .wav produced will never be playable on anything else than
windows and you lose all kinds of features like error recovery and the
ability to seek efficiently.

Jean-Marc Valin, M.Sc.A., ing. jr.
LABORIUS (http://www.gel.usherb.ca/laborius)