[speex-dev] header question

Conrad Parker conrad at metadecks.org
Wed Oct 22 00:47:55 PDT 2003

On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 at 12:32:58AM +0200, Ulrich B. Staudinger wrote:
> Another thing i noted when looking at the java code is a package counter
> ... is it important to know at which package the stream pointer stands?
> I mean, if it is important to continously increment the package counter
> i would have to repackage the audio data for every listener .... which
> can become quite CPU loady ...

Hi Ulrich,

I'm not familiar with the java api for speex, but it sounds like what
you're talking about corresponds to the packetno field of the
encapsulating ogg packet, which you shouldn't need for decoding speex.

you do need to keep track of the first few packets (SpeexHeader, comments,
plus however many extra header packets were specified in the SpeexHeader),
but after that you can stop counting as it's all audio data.

Conrad.