[speex-dev] speex over radio and homemade hardware

Ian Smith i3smith at wmich.edu
Wed Oct 1 18:51:23 PDT 2003

I've been given the task to hunt down a codec that out solar car team
can use to transmit and receive data over a radio link between a chase
car and the solar car its self.  As of now I do not know the exact
specifications of the internal hardware of the car, what I do know is
they are looking at transmitting across a 2400baud connection, the unit
in the car is homemade from our labs here.  From what I understand it
can be programmed quite easily.  What I've was wondering is will this
speex will satisfy my needs, naturally with some modification to fit our
hardware?  Oh I should also mention that the setup in the chase car will
probably be a linux or win32 laptop with the radio connection, already
the radio transmits telemetry data such as speed, voltage of batteries
and other stuff, I don't know how they currently have that working but
my adviser seemed pretty confident that I could find a solution, and
seeing as how I am still in my first semester of college taking
cs11(c++) I havnt had much experience dealing with other platforms
outside of linux and win32.  please tell me what you think, if maybe I
could get this to work in a few months.