[speex-dev] Using speex.
jk at pageshare.com
Sun May 11 20:25:40 PDT 2003
I am new to speex and I am evaluating the possibility of using
Speex for web conferencing (pretty big scale). It looks very promising.
I have some questions, maybe very naive, but please help me:
<p> 1) Is there any sample implementation using Speex in web conerencing
in voice? To be more specific, in Windows platforms? (ActiveX?
Java applet implementation?)
2) What is the recomended bandwidth? 4kbs (in one way)? 2 kbs?
(The shown samples sound pretty good at 4kbs.)
3) What is the recomended buffer? 1 second or 2 seconds?
4) What would happen if sound packets are dropped (time shift
in different computer clock speeds)? What if some
packet holes have to be filled? (repeating the previous packet?)
5) Any otther issues that I should pay attention to?
6) Anybody did it and I can learn from?
--- >8 ----
List archives: http://www.xiph.org/archives/
Ogg project homepage: http://www.xiph.org/ogg/
To unsubscribe from this list, send a message to 'speex-dev-request at xiph.org'
containing only the word 'unsubscribe' in the body. No subject is needed.
Unsubscribe messages sent to the list will be ignored/filtered.
More information about the Speex-dev